V edition has, International
Le Château – Castle in the heart – Bucharest
March 15, 2017
‘Innovation Travel’ in partnership with ‘Incoming Romania Association’ and ‘Honorary Consulate of Bulgaria to Ploiesti’ organizes on 15th March 2017 the first regional edition of the “Romanian Travel Forum”, while the first four editions had a national character and brought together tourism professionals and media representatives in Romania.
This international edition, gathering counterparts from Romania, Bulgaria, Greece and Moldova, aims to analyze the situation of tourism in the regional context, going on the premise of developing an interstate partnership to generate context for tourism development in this region of Europe.
The main themes of the event:
* Arrangements for regional collaboration and leverages leading to the sustainable development of tourism in South East Europe;
* Current ICT threats to the tourism
* Perception, as part of constructing the reality and maximising opportunities for regional tourism development.
Romanian Travel Forum thus becomes the first event in our country focused on business networking in regional tourism and related services. The most important organizations in the Romanian tourism could analyze the regional context, opportunities and threats that exist or may arise in this geopolitical area. The meeting will benefit from the presence and active involvement of colleagues from Bulgaria, Greece and Moldova, with a chance for a real exchange of experience and tracing tangible common objectives.
Romanian Travel Forum discussion will have three panels, each with specifics:
Incoming Romania Travel Forum
– Dedicated to the development of Romania’s incoming
Regional Travel Forum
– Dedicated to the development of regional tourism cooperation
Travel Innovation Forum
– Dedicated to innovation and technology in tourism
Travel Forum declared goals of Romanian 5th international edition:
– Better communication between tour operators specialized on incoming and MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Congresses and Exhibitions – industry events), hoteliers from participating countries and representatives of the media, in order to raise awareness on the importance of tourism in economic development of Romania and the states of the region.
– Solutions to promote and exploit the potential of Romanian and regional tourism.
– Submitting proposals for legislative changes in favor of Romanian tourism development and boosting incoming.
Suggested topics for discussion:
– Ways of promoting tourism of Romania, Bulgaria, Greece and Moldova – identifying the specificities of each country and shaping the differentiating factor
– The importance of industry events for the Romanian economy
– Romanian rural tourism, compared to the neighboring states
– Romanian spa tourism – development opportunities
– Cultural circuits – Romanian circuits’ interconnectivity with existing ones in the Balkan region
– Religious tourism in the current context
– Mass tourism (mountain, sea) and turning to foreign markets
– Tourism Press, from prints to online
– Public relations strategies to promote tourism of Romania
– The tourism potential of Bucharest and its interconnection with towns in the region
– Romanian tourism and regional transport infrastructure
– Promoting Romania through sporting events
– Collaboration between tour operators and hoteliers
– Danube cruise tourism
– Opportunities to promote tourism markets on other continents
– New opportunities in tourism:
* Classical vs online booking reservation (booking.com, Paravion etc.)
* New transport arrangements (Uber, ridesharing etc.)
– Romanian tourism school challenges
– Health Tourism / Medical Travel.